cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P41 Plus 2TB Causing System to Crash

thirdlife
New Contributor

I upgraded to the Solidigm P41 Plus (SSDPFKNU020TZ) a few months back as my primary system/boot drive.  Since then my Windows 11 system will randomly crash and restart.  I do not see a BSOD. It is intermittent and doesn't matter if the computer is under heavy use, or just chilling after a fresh reboot.  I've seen it crash in both (and several other) scenarios.

I am running the latest firmware and drivers, but continue to have this issue. No issues are found with the drive, and I suspect it might be driver related as the Event Viewer is full of errors. (see below)

Curious if anyone else has had this problem and/or if they might have a useful work around.

thirdlife_0-1706391574179.png

Not sure what other info would be helpful, but I'll include what I can think of below:

Solidigm P41 Plus (SSDPFKNU020TZ)
Driver Version 2.2.0.1017 (up to date)
Firmware: 002C (up to date)
Windows 11 22H2

14 REPLIES 14

Horus
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Many people have this problem but S0lidigm does not want to solve it. I have the same drive, but luckily I don't use it as a system drive, so I only have errors in the event viewer.

Look here https://community.solidigm.com/t5/solid-state-drives-nand/p44pro-driver-detected-a-controller-error-...

Horus
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I tested new driver v. 2.3.0.1023 and I still have that error in event viewer id 11 but this new driver is slower than previous v.2.2.0.1017. Micron driver is best and error free. Solidigm need to fix this problem with new firmware update.

NVMe SOLIDIGM SSDPFKNU020TZ_2048GB_1GB-solidigm_drivers.pngNVMe SOLIDIGM SSDPFKNU020TZ_2048GB_1GB-new_solid_driver.pngNVMe SOLIDIGM SSDPFKNU020TZ_2048GB_1GB-Micron driver.pngNVMe SOLIDIGM SSDPFKNU020TZ_2048GB_1GB-samsung_driver.pngNVMe SOLIDIGM SSDPFKNU020TZ_2048GB_1GB-SMI_driver.png

Dear Horus,

Thank you for contacting Solidigm Support and providing to us the information about your issue. 

We understand that you might be frustrated due to the issue with your drive. You said that you added micron driver.  However, be aware, that we cannot recommend third-party drivers other than the standard Microsoft and our own drivers.

Also, we would like to advise you to keep your drive updated by Soldigm Synergy If your issue persists you can create a ticket on the Solidigm Support hub and we will be happy to assist you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Gleb
Solidigm Customer Support

SolidigmGleb_0-1720431597280.png

Horus
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Do you have an explanation why the new v.2.3.0.1023 drivers are slower than the previous v.2.2.0.1017 and are you working on a fix for the bug that is reported in the event viewer Event ID = 11?

Thank you in advance

Dear Horus,

Sometimes, drivers might not be as optimized for certain hardware configurations, which can result in slower performance. Also, the issue with  Event Viewer Event ID = 11 can be related to many things, including hardware issues, firmware problems, or indeed bugs within the driver itself.

For a proper answer to your question, we need more information. Please, inform us if have you tried Secure Erase on your drive.  

If your issue persists you can create a ticket on the Solidigm Support hub and we will be happy to assist you.

Kind regards,
Gleb
Solidigm Customer Support

SolidigmGleb_0-1720707224487.png