cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 1TB nvme m2.0 drive not found in windows 7 not in the intel ssd toolbox or computer management or my computer

AR0001
New Contributor

I just bought and tried to use my new intel 660p 1tb 80mm nvme m2.0, and the drive is not found in computer management for my computer in order to format use and/or see the drive, as far as I can tell bios is set up and the drive is visible only in the bios I am not trying to install Windows on it yet anyway, just to get to drive working and usable as another drive to start would be nice.

​Asus 970 pro gaming aura

AMD FX-8350

crucial ballistic 16gb dddr3 1600

4x Samsung ​evo ssd drives

1TB​

2x 500GB

250GB

And 1 WD black 4GB 7200​ HHD

Asus GTX 1070 ROG Strix OC

EVGA 750 gold PSU

With Windows 7 64bit​

And would like to keep this setup on windows 7,

And again maybe at some point use this Intel M2.0 drive as a boot drive but for not just getting it to work as a drive will work.

On on the site where I bought it Newegg nothing was said about special instructions or drivers for Windows 7 not boot drive or intel site ​

PS i do have the intel driver tool they recommended this m2.0 drive. (Intel SSD toolbox) the drive is not found within that either​.

Any help from the people on here would be appreciated as intel is closed now by phone and live chat, and i work there same M-F hours and would just return this unusable drive then take a day off or two to get it to work​ thanx for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AlHill
Contributor II

What does an AMD processor have to do with this and Intel?

There is no native nvme support in Windows 7,

You may want to review this thread: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490Y9QSAU/no-drivers-for-intel-660p-512-gb-nvme-on-wind...

Doc

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AlHill
Contributor II

Windows 7 does not support NVME. Return the drive.

Doc

AR0001
New Contributor

Even tho my motherboard has a m2.0 slot and it is a winows 7 AMD FX-8350 compatible setup​

AlHill
Contributor II

What does an AMD processor have to do with this and Intel?

There is no native nvme support in Windows 7,

You may want to review this thread: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490Y9QSAU/no-drivers-for-intel-660p-512-gb-nvme-on-wind...

Doc

AR0001
New Contributor

I am only stating with my AMD CPU my hardware is not the newest, over 2 year old MB, but it has an m2.0 drive but is only functional​ if on windows 10 according to that thread. I would think they would advertise windows 10 only