cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The TRIM thread

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

There's already a discussion on TRIM ( http://communities.intel.com/thread/5059?tstart=0 ), but the "Will the 34nm 25X-M drives be the only ones that will be able to be flashed for TRIM support?" question is not really the point of this thread.

Microsoft Windows 7 with TRIM support is already out there for MSDN subscribers like me (there's also a public Windows 7 RC), Linux kernel does support TRIM from version 2.6.28 and many users are waiting for TRIM support in order to buy an Intel SSD (G2).

So... what's the plan for a TRIM-capable firmware? Is there an ETA?

Thank you.

28 REPLIES 28

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

But what we don't know is if non-microsoft AHCI drivers will pass the TRIM command, or RAID, etc.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

What a confusing mess this is about that firmware update. First, the file says 8850 and not 02HA for 34 nm. Second, I downloaded the file and can't burn it because it does not have that .iso extension. Should I add that .iso extension? Is that 8850 going to update my SSD to 02HA?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You find the correct file easily if you simply search for updates to your particular product.

The filename is 100902HA88208850.ISO.

I'd expect that translates as October 2009, "02HA," and then 8820 refers to the M line of SSD drives, while 8850 refers to the E line. So the firmware can be run for either.

And it does have the ISO extension.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

When I ran my mouse over the ISO image, there was no .iso extension. I already installed the firmware on both my SSD drives successfully.