cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I trying to start trim via commant line SSD toolbox -trim

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Alexander,

I cannot find any information on using command line options with the SSD Toolbox. As you know, it can work and you see all the options that were printed when you tried to run TRIM.

What happened is, TRIM was not run on your SSD. Your command line was not correct. Here is an example of one way to run TRIM on a SSD from the command line:

"C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox\Intel SSD Toolbox.exe" -t C

In this command line, -t means TRIM, 'C' is the Windows drive letter of the SSD, and then the serial number of the SSD. Another example of this:

"C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Solid-State Drive Toolbox\Intel SSD Toolbox.exe" -t C CVCV12345678X180EGN

That style is really better for a batch file.

The interactive mode works like this:

Notice in your screen shot the option "-drive_list" That will show and identify the drives the Toolbox sees.

"-drive_index X" selects a SSD from the list given in -drive_list. Once a Intel SSD is selected, you can then just run -trim.

You will need to read the command shown with the -help option, and experiment with them to do what you want to do. Sorry, but that is the most I can tell you.

0 REPLIES 0