cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stability Issues with Intel SSD 520 after X25m Upgrade

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I recently moved from an Intel SSD X-25m to Intel SSD 520 and have been experiencing stability issues every since the upgrade.

I am continually getting BSOD with F4 error which never happened prior to my upgrade. I am on firmware version 400i. Using Windows 7 64-bit. My motherboard is an Intel X58 with a 920 chip.

Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2

JGira3
New Contributor II

Well, assuming you went with a clean install, have gone through the toolbox system tuner, and are certain all hardware cable connections are snug (sounds overly simple, but sometimes it's the easy stuff that bites us), I'm thinking potentially a bad drive. If I were in your shoes, I would replace it and see if the issue persists, then troubleshoot further from there.

JGira3
New Contributor II

A couple other random thoughts occured to me:

What sata port on the X58 are you using? Is it the Marvell based 6gb/s port? Just out of curiosity, what happens if you move the drive to an Intel based 3gb/s port? I'm asking because a while back I read about BSOD issues when using the Marvell controller sata ports, and some quick http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=marvel+sata&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&chan... sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&client=opera&hs=HK4&rls=en&channel=suggest&q=marvell+sata+bsod&oq=marvell+sata+bsod&gs_l=serp.3..0i30j0i8i30.135504.135850.3.136270.2.2.0.0.0.0.48.93.2.2.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.wCOXg6GydEM&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=730c57e4cb66b204&biw=1477&bih=660 googling seems to bring up quite a few hits mentioning just such an issue - with a number of different ssd drives. There's even a /thread/19039 thread here discussing it. No idea why the x25m wouldn't have had issues, but it's something to try.

Are you running in AHCI or IDE mode?

Also, there's another /thread/27680?start=0&tstart=0 good thread here with a number of people apparently experiencing issues and then resolving them through various means. Worth a look.