I have a laptop Lenovo Y580 and I thought everything would be easy to setup and clone but I guess not.
Error Help "to install the product at least one intel ssd device should be in your system"
I have a usb to sata cable and plugged it and got the green light in the system tray. Ran the utility and it gave me this error:
"Error Help "to install the product at least one intel ssd device should be in your system"
Aweee man... what did I do? I was hoping for a smooth no surprises install.
I want to clone it, then stick ti and boot up and be done with it.
Any help guys?
Hey AM, that's not very friendly.
At least give an outline of what you did to solve it to help others that come along behind. The idea of a forum is to build a knowledge base of information to help others.
I came upon the same problem. I had hoped, that the SSD-package would have contained a pass to make the program function without actually having the SSD installed first.
I did a workaround:
1. Install the SSD in my Ultrabay-enclosure (i'm on a Thinkpad T60) (or in a USB-box ?)
2. Generate a bootable media (in my case an USB-stick) with the data transfer software on it.
3. Move the Intel SSD to the mail disk (C:) compartment, and moving the old disk to the Ultrabay.
4. Boot the pc up using the bootable media and let the cloning software do its job. This went very smoothly in my case.
5. Remove the old disk and boot up using the SSD.
6. In my case, here the problems started, as the Intel 330 120Gb SSD performed very sluggish with frequent freezes of Win7 - so it goes back!