cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on what the 80g x25-m g2 OEM should ship with

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Model: SSDSA2M080G2GN

I bought a new SSD from a extreamly well known online retailer that shall remain nameless for now. It came in just a electrostatic bag in their standard retail box. It is my beleif that this OEM drive should ship in a brown cardboard Intel box, with an info sheet and should come from the factory with a black spacer frame pre-attached. My drive has none of those and is missing the black frame. I have concerns that i have been passed a open box item or refurbed item.

Can someone confirm what the OEM drive with the above model number should ship with? I am not referencing the retail sku, i strictly would like info on what the OEM drive should have

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

where i reference a 'standard retail box' in my OP is a little confusing. I mean retail box as in from the online retailer with thier logo etc - not intel's retail box concerning an SSD. Basiclly I'm trying to say my drive came in an E-bag just dumped into a shipping box and is missing the spacer frame, OEM box and infosheet.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I think you got a refurb, just like me. If possible, try to check the drive with Intel SSD Toolbox, see if it has been used much. Mine has over 140gb data written to it and it still unpartitioned. It also sealed with generic sticker rather than Intel branded one like my other drive has been.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I talked to my online vendor and finally got someone who was responsvie but wasn't very knowledgable. I talked to Intel and found out the following:

There are two versions of both the retail and OEM drives. For the 80g OEM there's SA: E70559-??? (?=revision) which is what i was sent. This is apparently a version without the black spacer frame. There is also SA: E64510-??? that is the OEM variant that includes it (it is also apparently what most people have gotten previously and what the online retailer had pictures of - but that's beside this point of this post).

Be aware when purchasing fellow SSD'ers...

The S/N ran valid and I'll be pulling down toolbox at the end of the month when the firmware posts.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same here. I did a chat with rep and got the following:

"...the item is a new item; however, at times we usually receive these items in bulk and we ship them in bubble warp. The item is new, if you would like to keep the item I can offer you $5 off the order for inconvenience or I can issue an RMA but the replacement may be shipped out the same way though."

My online store is now out of stock on these. The Intel X-25 M's are flying off the shelves pretty fast. On the bright side I ran HDTune Read bench on the Intel SSD...whoa!! Max 223 MB/sec, Avg. 215.7 MB/sec.