I have Windows 7 64 Professional installed on an INTEL 320 series 160GB SSD. MB ICH10R is set to AHCI. I would like to create a RAID 0 out of my 3 - 1 TB WD Spindle drives. From what I have been reading this may be problematic.
Asus P6T6 WS Revolution MB latest bios - yes I know its an older board.
1 - Intel SSDSA2BW160G3H Primary boot - Windows 7 - AHCI enabled currently
3 - WDC-WD1001FALS-00J7B0 Data drives.
1) I would like to use the Intel ICH10R controller to create a RAID 0 with the Western Digital Drives but keep booting from the SSD drive.2) the bios is currently set to AHCI
3) Is AHCI still supported if RAID is enabled? Is there a performance hit for this trade-off?
4) What is the best way to proceed without reinstalling windows ?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have tried to word my question as clearly as possible. Its ok to ask me to clarify anything.
1. First, run Registry Editor (regedit)
2. Find key --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV
3. Right Pane - Double-click START, Replace Value 3 to 0
4. Restart. Go to BIOS. Change from AHCI to RAID. Save settings.
5. Install Intel Rapid Storage Tech (v126.96.36.1996). Reboot.
6. Make your RAID Arrray under IRST GUI.
Hope it helps