cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD 660 into legion lenovo Y520-15IKBN Type 80WK

shulare
New Contributor

Hi there

I want to install INTEL 660P 512G M.2 PCIe 2280 SSD on my lenovo legion Y520-15IKBN laptop and I need to know if it has no compatibility issues.

In Lenovo's compatibility list it appears as a valid component but in my trusted store (PcComponentes of Spain) a message appears that it is not compatible according to the manufacturer (that is, Intel).

I would like you to confirm if problems have been detected and if you have compatible alternatives to install an SSD in this laptop.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello shulare,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® SSD 660p Series (5. If we infer correctly, we will appreciate it if you can review the following information:

1- Please contact your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) Lenovo* to check the BIOS settings and confirm compatibility.

2- Based on the Intel® Product Compatibility Tool https://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?prodSearch=True&searchTerm=660p# we do not see your PC as a compatible system. That does not mean that the drive will not work. It means that the compatibility test needs to be run by the OEM or the final user (under your responsibility and cost)

Please, contact Lenovo* to check if they fully validate the usage of this drive in your system.

We will not close this thread, and you can still post and share your findings with the community. If you need assistance related to another Intel® product, please do not hesitate to contact us back by opening a new thread, and please submit a new question. We will no longer monitor This thread.

We hope fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

I bought another brand that confirmed the compatibility with the board.

Thank you anyway