cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3510 not detected in bios drive 0. Seen as scsi.

BRoub1
New Contributor

Lenovo M57 small form factor, E8200 cpu, W7 Pro 64 bit.

Just purchased an S3510 800gb ssd. It will not seen in the bios' drive 0 spot like the 320-series 300gb I've been using. In the boot order it shows under pci scsi. AHCI is enabled. Tried disabled, won't boot. There aren't many bios options on the M57, I tried them all.

I have two laptops, one older than the M57, one newer. The S3510 is detected in the bios in both in drive 0.

I'm puzzled why it won't be detected in the drive 0 slot in the M57 but will in the others and why the 320-series will in the M57.

Tried swapping sata cables & positions, Intel Tool Kit, Lenovo system update. Everything is as up to date as possible.

Installed W7on the s3510. It boots as scsi and runs ok, just not as quick as an ssd should in the ide hdd position, nor as quick as the 320-series 300gb. Something's not right.

Any ideas from the Intel detectives? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello BRoub1,

Thank you for your reply.

In order to discard any hardware incompatibility, we advise you to contact your OEM(original equipment manufacturer) Lenovo*.

As per your consent, this case is now close if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello BRoub1,

Thank you for your reply.

In order to discard any hardware incompatibility, we advise you to contact your OEM(original equipment manufacturer) Lenovo*.

As per your consent, this case is now close if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation