cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P41 Plus 2TB Causing System to Crash

thirdlife
New Contributor

I upgraded to the Solidigm P41 Plus (SSDPFKNU020TZ) a few months back as my primary system/boot drive.  Since then my Windows 11 system will randomly crash and restart.  I do not see a BSOD. It is intermittent and doesn't matter if the computer is under heavy use, or just chilling after a fresh reboot.  I've seen it crash in both (and several other) scenarios.

I am running the latest firmware and drivers, but continue to have this issue. No issues are found with the drive, and I suspect it might be driver related as the Event Viewer is full of errors. (see below)

Curious if anyone else has had this problem and/or if they might have a useful work around.

thirdlife_0-1706391574179.png

Not sure what other info would be helpful, but I'll include what I can think of below:

Solidigm P41 Plus (SSDPFKNU020TZ)
Driver Version 2.2.0.1017 (up to date)
Firmware: 002C (up to date)
Windows 11 22H2

17 REPLIES 17

Horus
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Gleb

I want to inform you that the last FW 004C from Solidigm™ Storage Tool (For Data Center And Legacy Client SSDs) did not solve the event id 11 problem 😐

Does this mean the P41 has entered EOL support?

NVMe SOLIDIGM SSDPFKNU020TZ_2048GB_1GB-new_solid_driver_FW.pngNVMe SOLIDIGM SSDPFKNU020TZ_2048GB_1GB-004C_sa_micronom.png

Dear Horus,

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to inform you that the drives of the P41 series are not EOL.

If the latest firmware update (004C) does not resolve your issue, we recommend using a Microsoft driver.

I understand your frustration regarding the unresolved issue after firmware updating. In your case, CIM-322287-K3J0K, we previously offered you a refund. If you'd like to re-open your warranty case,  please let us know.

Best regards,
Gleb
Solidigm Customer Support

SolidigmGleb_0-1727702530074.png

Horus
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I thought it was EOL because the last FW came out with a tool that is for ...data center or legacy client drives...

Thanks for the advice, but I'll stick to the micron driver.

NVMe SOLIDIGM SSDPFKNU020TZ_2048GB_1GB-20240930-m$_driver.png