cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P41 Plus 2TB Causing System to Crash

thirdlife
New Contributor

I upgraded to the Solidigm P41 Plus (SSDPFKNU020TZ) a few months back as my primary system/boot drive.  Since then my Windows 11 system will randomly crash and restart.  I do not see a BSOD. It is intermittent and doesn't matter if the computer is under heavy use, or just chilling after a fresh reboot.  I've seen it crash in both (and several other) scenarios.

I am running the latest firmware and drivers, but continue to have this issue. No issues are found with the drive, and I suspect it might be driver related as the Event Viewer is full of errors. (see below)

Curious if anyone else has had this problem and/or if they might have a useful work around.

thirdlife_0-1706391574179.png

Not sure what other info would be helpful, but I'll include what I can think of below:

Solidigm P41 Plus (SSDPFKNU020TZ)
Driver Version 2.2.0.1017 (up to date)
Firmware: 002C (up to date)
Windows 11 22H2

14 REPLIES 14

Horus
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I was in contact with your support and went through all the steps, but the problem was not solved, ie. the problem is neither my configuration nor the driver. I'm convinced it's a firmware issue since people had the same problem with a WD Black SN850X which was resolved with an update to it.
Check out these 2 links

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/firmware-updates-for-wd-black-and-samsung.308736/

https://www.reddit.com/r/framework/comments/yq6f6w/the_driver_detected_a_controller_error_on/

Dear Horus,

We are sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your drive. We will reach out to you over the private message and if needed we can create a case for you. 

Kind regards,
Gleb
Solidigm Customer Support

SolidigmGleb_0-1720787707242.png

Horus
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

My case number is CIM-322287-K3J0K.

I'm disappointed since you don't want to check the current firmware and see what the problem is. Event ID 11 appears in the log exactly 660 seconds after the system is booted or restarted.

Dear Horus,

I understand your disappointment about an unsolved issue with the firmware.

We see that in case CIM-322287-K3J0K a refund was proposed to you. Looking at the details of your case it looks like you are on the latest firmware version for the P41 Plus drive - 002CWe advise you to keep your drive up to date. Please, let us know if you want to re-open your case for warranty.  

We escalated the issue with ''Event ID 11'', but unfortunately, now, Siolidigm can propose only a warranty for your case.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Kind regards,
Gleb
Solidigm Customer Support

SolidigmGleb_0-1721031628913.png

Horus
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I hope we get an update soon 🤞