cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 600p incompatibility with Windows 10 version 1803.

KChou9
New Contributor II

I have ACER VX 15 shipped with 256GB Intel SSD 600p series. After updating my system to Windows 10 version 1803 it is constantly crashing. Microsoft has confirmed that few Intel SSDs are not compatible with the update and Intel has confirmed that its Intel SSD 600p and pro-6000 models are having this issue. I just want to know the status regarding this issue from Intel. When the patch will be available for Intel 600p SSD ?

Sources:

1. http://www.legitreviews.com/windows-10-april-update-blocked-on-small-number-of-intel-ssds-due-to-iss... Windows 10 April Update Blocked On Small Number of Intel SSDs Due To Issues - Legit Reviews
  2. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-10-update-intel-ssd,37020.html Windows 10's April Update Crashes Systems With Intel SSDs (Updated)
52 REPLIES 52

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Dear reader(s),

Maybe you can help us out here?

I didn't install the upgrade to 1803 yet, because it wouldn't let me. The upgrade process was repeatedly terminated at 49% installation, probably because of the Intel SSD issue.

As I can read here https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4100403/windows-10-update-kb4100403 https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4100403/windows-10-update-kb4100403 the issue is resolved by installing kb4100403 (scroll down to first symptom). However when I let Windows search for updates it comes up with nothing. Even the upgrade to 1803 doesn't come up anymore (probably blocked?).

So how do we obtain the resolution and/or upgrade now? Will the upgrade be provided automatically through Windows update, and if yes, when will that be?

Greetz, Master

HvanG
New Contributor

Hello Andres V.,

I have good news for you.

I reinstalled v1803 upgrade, first bare-metal from USB-Stick from within Windows without KB4100403. As before did not have problems other have, except then the temperature problem was still there.

After that I installed KB4100403 and the temperature problem was gone, so I guess the temp problem was a side-effect of the other problems with Intel SSD's.

Anyway, my Intel SSD runs at 20-35 temp level again and I am satisfied.

Thanks for your support.

Regards, Hugo

HvanG
New Contributor

Hello Master,

As your upgrade did not finish, you are still on 1709 level of Windows and KB4100403 is for 1803 only.

If you leave your internet connection during upgrade, the upgrade process should include KB4100403 and then there are no SSD-problems after upgrade.

Now that your upgrade does not finish well, i recommend you make a USB-stick and start the upgrade from within Windows, by starting setup.exe from the root of the stick. Again, if you leave your internet connection on, KB4100403 should be included in the upgrade.

Important : This is not a fresh install, where you would boot from the USB-stick.

You can make a USB-stick with the Media-Creation tool.

Regards, Hugo

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Hugo,

I'm glad to hear that you are satisfied with the temperature levels at which your SSD is running.Thank you for sharing your experience with the community, we really appreciate it. In case you have any other question, don't hesitate to contact us. Regards,Andres V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Hugo,

Thanks, but I hope (and wait) for Microsoft to automatically push the 1803 upgrade including the needed patch through Windows update.

Before the 1803 upgrade was there in my update center and was terminated about 7 times during install. Now Microsoft seems to have blocked the upgrade for systems concerned, because it isn't shown in my Windows update center anymore. It states my system is fully up to date. Because Microsoft started this nonsense I surely hope they will sort the mess out. I can't believe the only way is to manually upgrade to 1803, I mean a lot of people are experiencing this issue and Microsoft does have the obligation to inform users and fix the issue. I'm not in a hurry, I can wait a bit as long as they resolve it...

Greetz, Master