cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Solidigm SSD Detected when installing the Driver 2.0 Notification

dragos720
New Contributor II

Hi, 
I have 3 Solidigm P44 Pro SSDs, 2 x 1TB and 1x512, I am running Windows 11  version 22H2 build 22621.1848. When I want to install the driver it says there is no Solidigm SSD in the system. 
The PC works well without the driver and the SSDs are detected in Device Manager. 

What could be the problem ? What would be a possible fix ?

Thank you !

Screenshot 2023-07-06 220934.png

5 REPLIES 5

SolidigmNebiyu

Hi dragos720,

Thank you for contacting Solidigm™ Support.

We would like to ask if you are using any type of adapter/enclosure to connect the drive to your system? You may also refer the Solidigm™ User Guide- Driver  #15 to review the limitations of the Synergy™ driver.

If you continue to experience issues with your drive, please use the following link to create a case and we will reach out to you shortly. https://support.solidigm.com/en-US/anonymous-createcase/

Kind regards.  
Nebiyu
Solidigm Customer Support 

SolidigmNebiyu_1-1688746121606.png

dragos720
New Contributor II

I have all of them connected straight into the M2 slots of my motherboard, Asus Rog Strix Z690-G Gaming Wi-Fi. 
I checked the limitations, I have Windows 11 and P44 Pro, I do not ran them in RAID and about Volume Management Device (VMD) I do not know what to say.

Also this is what I have for Storage controllers. May this means that I have VDM active and the SSDs are using it ?

dragos720_0-1689193007335.png

HI dragos720,

We would like to let you know that we do not support Intel RST. You would need to reach out to Intel regarding this.

You can try switching the SATA controller setting in BIOS from RAID to AHCI (if your setting is configured that way).

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Remember that you can always contact us via our Support HUB.

Kind regards.  
Nebiyu
Solidigm Customer Support 

SolidigmNebiyu_0-1689326796327.png

dragos720
New Contributor II

Thank you, I did not knew that the Intel drivers are incompatible with Solidigm Drivers.

In order to replace them and change from RAID to AHCI do I need to reinstal the Windows ? Also In BIOS I did not found a settings about the SATA controller type. 

I intend to replace the 512MB SSD soon with a 1TB or even a 2TB drive, if changing from RAID to AHCI will require a Windows reinstall I would do it then. I can wait a bit more, there are no functional problems with the Intel drivers.