cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P44 Pro nvme controller is down will reset

andy
New Contributor

NVMe (P44 Pro, model SSDPFKKW020X7) sometimes just disconnects and stops working, smart(attached) reports everything being normal, temperatures are also within reason (around 45-50C, graph of a few minutes before the incident attached). Drive disconnects after about a week or two of uptime (although it was fine for the first month and a half of use). OS is arch linux running kernel version 6.4 (and a few older ones, but this is for the most recent occurrence).

Firmware is on the latest version (checked with the update tool).

I removed the serial number from my smart output (just to be safe), but can send it if needed.

I saw someone with what looks like a related issue (on windows, I assume it's blue-screen-ing due to a spontaneous disconnect): https://community.solidigm.com/t5/solid-state-drives-nand/p44pro-too-hot-to-lose-disk/td-p/24074

Tempurture of nvme driveTempurture of nvme drivekernel logs of  drive disconnectingkernel logs of drive disconnectingsmart output of drive after rebootingsmart output of drive after rebooting

3 REPLIES 3

SolidigmNebiyu

Hi andy,

Thank you for contacting Solidigm™ Support.

The NVMe drivers that are validated on the Solidigm Synergy CLI are supported on the following operating systems on x64 Architecture:

Windows:

• Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019, 2022
  • Windows 10, 11
  • Windows PE

For more information, please refer to SOLIDIGM™ SYNERGY CLI user guide.

Kind regards,
Nebiyu
Solidigm Customer Support 

SolidigmNebiyu_0-1693928534695.png

I used to swear by samsung ssds as being reliable, but I was not happy with their handling of firmware issues in their recent 980 and 990. So I decided to give solidigm a change, from your response it looks like that was a mistake.

I'm also confused as to what you're trying to tell me with the synergy cli user guide link. What exactly will this provide that I didn't already include in my screenshots. The only relevant looking thing that I didn't include is the nvme (error) log, which I can check from linux, if you want, I can send it as a text file, but all the entries just say "status 0, Successful Completion: The command completed without error".

Should I take your response as "Don't buy our products anymore, we don't support linux."? In that case I guess I could mark the "solution" as accepted.

SolidigmNebiyu

Hi andy,

It appears there might have been a misunderstanding in our previous correspondence so we have created an internal ticket on your behalf as we need more information regarding your drive so that we can address the recent interaction and provide clarity on the matter.

You will be receiving an email from our support soon.

Kind regards,
Nebiyu
Solidigm Customer Support 

SolidigmNebiyu_0-1694175416281.png