cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 730 SSD RAID 0 Setup

AHowa1
New Contributor II

Just purchased and installed an Intel 730 480GB and it seems to be working fine. I heard if I added a second 730 and put in in RAID 0 I would double the capacity and get nearly a double performance boost. Just wondering what the easiest way to do this is and are there any negatives besides the fact that if one drive fails all data is lost. If it matters I am using an ASUS Z97-AR motherboard. Thanks for your time.

6 REPLIES 6

AHowa1
New Contributor II

Thanks for all the help so far Kevin. I did buy a second 730 SSD and set it up in RAID 0 ( I used the ASUS BIOS EZ setup) It works but I have 2 questions. Bootup time seems so take a little longer as it has to go through multiple BIOS screens (with a single drive it did it just one time). Is this normal or would there will be some way to fix this? Also it says I can't use the TRIM Optimizer on a RAID system on Windows 8 in the Intel SSD Toolbox. It there another way to run TRIM and keep my drives in peaking working order? Thanks.

RAID 0 is the only raid that supports TRIM so it should work just fine but is not necessary to use the optimizer on Windows 8.

Talking about performance, it may take little longer to boot since it has a structure to recognize but once it is up and running it should be very fast.

Kevin M