cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

760p 1TB, can't use AHCI setting to installing brand new Windows 10, RAID OK.

hsinan
New Contributor

Good day everyone, Dell Precision 7540, just got new 760p 1TB and try to installing brand new Windows 10 pro. If BIOS SATA setting to AHCI, inside BIOS can seeing this new SSD, but once into Windows 10 installation, can not see it whatever trying Intel nvme drivers or Microsoft drivers... next, SATA setting to RAID, so far so good and no need to loading any drivers then can continue to install without any issue. Appreciated any suggestion. Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hallo Leon, thank you so much ! Expert is expert !

Following your steps and actually from your latest step 12, I done step 1 ~ 11 and still the same can not.

then your step 12 remind me not to use Dell USB Windows 10 pro.  media... so I do have other "retail" Windows 10 pro. USB media,

then, it is Dell USB media problem, that "retail" USB media is working fine. No need to change something and SATA use AHCI,

can seeing this 760p and install it without issue. Will try to compare both USB, but I think not easy and takes long time.

Thank you once again. Have a good day, stay safe !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LeonWaksman
Contributor II
  1.  Boot from your Windows 10 installation USB. 
  2. Select your language preferences and click/tap on Next.
  3. Click/tap on Repair your computer at the bottom.
  4.  Click/tap on Troubleshoot.
  5. Click/tap on Advanced options.
  6.  Click on Command Prompt
  7. Run Diskpart 
  8. Run List disk 
  9. Run sel disk n (where n is the number of your system drive)
  10. Run clean all , your drive will be wiped.
  11. Close the Command Prompt and shutdown your computer.
  12. Check if now you can install Windows in AHCI mode. Do not use the installation media you bought. Prepare installation USB using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. During installation, use the Product Key from the installation media you bought.

Leon

Hallo Leon, thank you so much ! Expert is expert !

Following your steps and actually from your latest step 12, I done step 1 ~ 11 and still the same can not.

then your step 12 remind me not to use Dell USB Windows 10 pro.  media... so I do have other "retail" Windows 10 pro. USB media,

then, it is Dell USB media problem, that "retail" USB media is working fine. No need to change something and SATA use AHCI,

can seeing this 760p and install it without issue. Will try to compare both USB, but I think not easy and takes long time.

Thank you once again. Have a good day, stay safe !