cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precision 5820 and VROC Requirements

mkhouse8
New Contributor

I'm working on a project and I'm new to the VROC area. 

I have a Dell Precision T 5820 tower with a XEON W-2135 CPU. I would like to create a VROC Raid Array with Solidigm or Intel drives to hopefully avoid needing to get a VROC key. I see in the documentation online that Intel list the U.2 series of drives but doesn't mention the M.2 NVME drives, which is understandable as VROC is more directed towards Enterprise users. 

So... a T5820 PCIe 3.0 Tower using a Asus Hyper M.2 PCI 3.0/4.0 card (or similar VROC supported card) with 4 Solidigm drives installed will I be able to use VROC / VMD to create a raid array out of the 4 drives. I haven't figured out what drives I plan to use, probably P41's 1 TB or 2 TB.

If I do need a VROC key would a Intel (VROCISSDMOD) only work with Solidigm drives? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

mkhouse8
New Contributor

I would also add that I expect the created array to be bootable.

SolidigmGleb

Dear mkhouse8,

Thank you for contacting Solidigm™ Support.

As we understand you planning to use Solidime p41 drivers with Intel® VROC. However,  Solidigm drives p41 and p44 are not supported in this configuration. You can find other Solidigm SSDs that are compatible with Intel® VROC in this document (pages 10-11).

We would let you know, that there is no need to utilize Intel® VROC to create a RAID array. As long as the motherboard supports hardware RAID configurations, it’s possible to set a RAID array. Nevertheless, we can recommend you reference your original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for a full list of available feature sets.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via  our Support Hub . We will be happy to assist you!

Kind regards,
Gleb
Solidigm Customer Support 

SolidigmGleb_0-1694598480310.png