cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boot from Intel 600p 512GB on Intel Extreme BLKDZ77RE-75K board. Is it possible?

HNguy43
New Contributor

I just got the Intel 600p NVMe 512GB SSD and use the M.2 PCI-E SSD (NGFF) SSD 2230 2242 2260 2280 Adapter Card to install the 600p on my Intel Extreme BLKDZ77RE-75K board. I cannot see the 600p as a boot drive option. Is it possible to get update BIOS from Intel so that I can boot from the 600p drive? Thank you very much for any assistance.

Hai Nguyen

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Iwayman1001,

Checking at the motherboard's specs, we don't see the motherboard supports NVMe*, reason why you may not even see the drive listed for boot.This motherboard was launched before this technology was even created, so we believe that not even a BIOS update will help you. The motherboard has PCIe slots Gen 2. http://ark.intel.com/products/63247/Intel-Desktop-Board-DZ77RE-75K# @specifications Here are the specsKeep in mind the 600p SSD requires M.2 PCIe Gen 3 x4, which is the basic requirement.Here is a https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22828/BIOS-Update-GAZ7711H-86A- link with the latest BIOS update for this motherboard.Let us know if you require further assistance.Regards,NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Iwayman1001,

We are following up and we would like to know if you require further assistance. Please let us know, we will be waiting for your response.Regards,Nestor C

HNguy43
New Contributor

Hello Nestor,

Thank you for your response and following up.

FYI

The Intel Extreme BLKDZ77RE-75K board has two PCIe 3.0x8 slots that I can use. I did buy an PCI3 3.0 to NVMe adapter and use it in one of the PCIe 3.0x8. It works perfectly with the Intel 600P SSD. I get the full 1800MB/s and almost 600MB/s write from Intel 600p as advertised. I'm looking at the possibility of modifying the latest Intel BIOS (2013 date) to make it recognized the Intel 600p as a boot device.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Iwayman1001,

The way you set it up is very useful if you want to use this device, thanks for sharing.

About the BIOS update with the motherboard, this can be maybe asked with our support as well, you can contact them as well.

Regards,

Nestor C