cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.2 TB Intel SSD 750 Series trouble

BHalt1
New Contributor II

My PC has been operating properly now for several months with no issues. However, all of a sudden now my motherboard seemingly does not find the Intel 750 SSD on a cold boot. Strangely enough when I remove the SSD from the PCIe slot and place it back, the computer boots into windows (installed on the Intel 750 SSD). This happens every time. In fact, if I let the PC go to sleep, it happens then too. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the SSD? I have gone through and checked/updated all drivers for the SSD and the computer/operating system/SSD seem to work just fine once I remove the SSD and replace it then boot... This is very strange and I am completely lost here. Again, I have only had the hard drive for a few months and I love it, but I need to find out what is causing this issue. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Computer Specs:

Intel 6700K

ASUS Z170 Deluxe

GTX 1080

Intel 750 1.2 TB

3440 x 1440 Predator w/g-sync

ASUS AC1900 Network Adapter

Thermaltake Pacific RL360 RGB Water Cooling Kit

32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz DDR4 RAM

3 - Samsung 950 Pro 256 GB SSD

1 - 1 TB WD 7200 RPM HDD

49 REPLIES 49

BHalt1
New Contributor II

I would really like my money back. But everytime I bring that up you intel people remain silent. My next letters will be to the BBB and the Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Consumer Protection. That is a $1200.00 lump of aluminum and silicon crap. You people are incapable of providing a solution and have most certainly surpassed anything that could be considered a reasonable response time (for a real solution). The issue is expansive, users all over the globe are having issues and you guys can't figure it out? Why did you charge so much money for a haphazardly designed component. In my line of business there are Non-conformance liquidated damages associated with this sort of negligence. In short, GIVE. ME. MY. MONEY. BACK or I will be starting a massive letter writing campaign that your upper management will remember though their retirement years.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Bkhalterman,

Have you contacted our support team? Please contact us by e-mail, phone or chat so we can have the correct department working on your request.

Please enter your request here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @19 Contact Support

Let us know if you have any issues contacting us.

Regards.

CKlei2
New Contributor

I'm with you, would like to get my money back. I can't trust my information on a drive that may or may not work.

BHalt1
New Contributor II

Yeah. I contacted your support team. They were no help. I'll do it again though. We will see if Intel is a standup company.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello all,

As you could notice Wisley_Lee, installed the latest BIOS for his motherboard and the issue was fixed. We would like you all to try the latest BIOS update version 3007, http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-DELUXE/Z170-DELUXE-ASUS-3007.zip?_ga=1.58605475.883... here is the link.

Please let us know if this fixes the problem for all the ones with the issue.

Regards,

NC