cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I found other interesting thing that X25-M speed depends a little on overall system speed. Because cache/memory speed involved. At least on my computer and P55 chipset. In compasion 21x149=3.13Ghz memory @1490Mhz I get AS SSD score 414 and 16x200=3.2Ghz memory @2000Mhz the score was 428.

You can also try experimenting with disabling CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) and Virtualization Technology in BIOS.

Lol . Another update. I boot from WD HDD and Win XP x64 and the X25-M 4k read speed is normal. Before it is 15 now 22. Only thing was changed until that is BIOS update and Load BIOS defaults. No drivers changed.

Message was edited by: pavle

DTren1
New Contributor

I have the same problem,

Solution for me is: C1E;C3/C6/C7 parametre in my BIOS. They have to be disable, Parametre CPU EIST can be enable.

(Sorry for my bad english)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

so it really seems it was the settings in BIOS

As a bonus, my CPU seems stable clocked @3715

even without the overclock I now get similar results! thanks for all the help guys

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Interesting as I have C1E enabled without any issues.

DTren1
New Contributor

C1E and C3/C6/C7 - enable - very bad speed (4K Read)

C1E enable or C3/C6/c7 - enable - middle speed (4K Read)

When i disble it - very good (or normal) speed in 4K Read

I have Gigabyte P55A-UD6