cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Seems like disabling C1E and VT yields better AS SSD scores, though it is possible my recent tests are just variations. I got a little boost on the scores for both my 80 and 160 GB SSDs, around 7-8 points on 160GB and 11 points on the 80GB:

DTren1
New Contributor

C3/C6/C7 enable/disble ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

dandan wrote:

C3/C6/C7 enable/disble ?

I didn't see those when disabling C1E. Under what section do you have them?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It is new feature on P55 board.

And the answer to you question, I am no see any difference between msAhci and intel ahci drivers in real life. Because the difference in performance so marginal. And I also have tried iaStor drivers in Raid mode with one drive. I got same result in As SSD but gain a little in IOPS in HD tune pro.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I didn't think you would see a difference in actual usage. Anyway, it is nice to look at when doing benchmark tests.

Since it was an easy switch, I decided to make the change without expecting any improvement. Who knows, I just might be saving a second or two.