cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Can someone at Intel please provide a firmware update which fixes this problem?

I have a brand new MSI H57M-ED65 which used the Intel H57 chipset.

It seems rather odd that Intel makes the chipset and the SSD but I need to disable C1 and all C States and Speedstep (EIST) to get normal performance from the drive?

So there's no way to save energy and still use the drive with max performance? I thought speedstep was only supposed to slow down the processor when it is not being used. Once the drive starts chugging, shouldn't it use its maximum throughput??

Again, PLEASE INTEL, fix the SSD Bios to work properly with the p55, h55 and h57 chipsets while using the energy saving schemes!

Thanks

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

So how do you change those C1E settings in BIOS?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You enter BIOS and look for C1E, which is listed under Advanced BIOS Features on my motherboard, and change enabled to disabled if that is what you want to do. Look in the motherboard manual for your board to see where it's listed, otherwise, scroll through the different sections.