cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

As I said, interesting. I have normal speed with C1E enabled with my motherboard. I also have a Gigabyte board, EX38-DS4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

There is something wrong with your system setup. First, with new Intel driver installed, you should have iaStor as the driver listed in AS SSD, not msahci. Secondly, both you and Pavle have 420 which is lower than mine on my old funky Dual Core E8400 and Gigabyte EX38-DS4 MB. As you can see, the driver listed in my picture is iaStor.

What may make a difference is disabling the msahci driver so it doesn't load on bootup; this can be done in the registry if you are interested. Still, even with msahci loading on bootup in my system, the Intel driver is the driver for AHCI on my computer. I think it would be worth a shot for you to disable the msahci in registry.

Type regedit in the search bar and hit enter.

* This opens the Windows Registry editor. * Move to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetServicesMsahci * Locate the parameter [Start] on the right side and double-click it. * Change its value from 0 to 3 * Restart the computer.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I also moved to intel iaStor driver :

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, better benchmark results than msahci driver, but how much of a difference do you see in usage? Anyway, since it supports TRIM, I see no reason not to switch. By the way, results do vary and you may get lower scores on next run.