cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

it happened something similar to me when I was messing around with intel drivers and the microsoft ones. in device manager I had the intel, exactly the one Pavle shows in his screenshot, and in benchmark tool I had the msahci.. very weird..

but I already had my device manager exactly like you have in the picture and the results were always almost the same.. don't know what else to look for.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

That is not Intel driver, that shows msahci as driver in AS SSD and you have an Intel AHCI Controller. The word Intel shown in your AS SSD result is not the AHCI driver. The popup shows Intel SATA AHCI Controller--very strange and quite confusing.

Now I am going to watch TV and get the heck out of here.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Your motherboard has a built-in Intel chipset and maybe needs to use Intel driver for AHCI. Windows 7 usually installs the Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller, so there may be a conflict there. You seem to indicate same problem when using Intel AHCI driver. However, Pavle has good AS SSD result with whatever he did, though maybe he hasn't given you accurate instructions, or perhaps you missed something he wants you to do. Either way, since you both had same issue and he solved his problem, he should be able to instruct you how to resolve this mess.

You could try ASUS for help, they may have solved this problem before. I stopped buying ASUS motherboards and went with Gigabyte, though I don't know if Gigabyte is also doing the built-in chipset thing now. Progress, an advancement in technology, often leads one down a rocky road.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

lmsilva

Other trick I recommend to try is swich from AHCI to IDE mode and then back IDE to AHCI. Maybe at some point Win 7 instals and configure things in right way.You can find how to do on that page: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?63273-*-Windows-7-Ultimate-Tweaks-amp-Utiliti...*

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I will try it over this weekend since I am not going to have any free time till then. Will post the results

thanks once more