cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I win? I didn't know there was a contest.

Let it not be forgotten you have the msahci driver installed, been a long conversation.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Followed all the steps but unfortunately the results were the same but now I have a strange thing in the device manager:

2 standard AHCI controllers...

Pavle can you post an image of your device manager please?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you have Intel® Rapid Storage Technology installed? http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipse...

And disable all not needed onboard storage controllers.

I m not at home now. I post screenshot with devices later.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, I installed it and then remove the software like you said

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you install rapid software then restart and after that removed it? if yes. Try uninstall both AHCI 1.0 controllers manually. Right click, uninstall driver. Reboot. Or try update manually driver from intel rapid software directory or from system if the new drivers exists.