cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well, your motherboard is certainly not old!

I think the issue is your Intel Chipset built in (Intel® P55 Express Chipset built-in) and that is likely why you need to do what pavle suggested, although I don't understand why he didn't tell you that from the beginning!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

2 ambizytl

On that point I was thinking it was. Now I think it was something weird thing on what Intel and Microsoft will still work. Because many people was writen about low 4k read speed. And with default settings and drivers peoples get this problem. Now I get lucky and fixed. I dont understand why it was fixes and I m not sure that problem not comes back in the future.

2 lmsilva

And please update you intel chipset drivers to the newest ones:

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20chipset.htm

Message was edited by: pavle

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

But this statement by you is misleading and not accurate: I have tried all modes and drivers, AHCI, IDE, RAID. And tried Win 7 x64, x86 and Win XP x64. All setups gives around 15 Mb/s 4k read speed.

You did manage to get normal speeds with same motherboard as him, whether lucky or not. Anyway, I hope your suggestions fix his problem, and I'm sure he will be very grateful if it does.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Pavle do you recommend using those intel drivers over the ones from asus for the chipset?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OK. ambizytl you win. Change all to many and read in that way. Peace.

Yes I suggest to use latest drivers because all new technologys in use, SSD, P55 and Win 7.