cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x-25m: The blue screen of death struck again!?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, while I was gaming (The Guild 2 on Win 7) suddenly a blue screen appeared. I thought the game just crashed and immediately restarted not noting down what was written on the BSOD. But then it didn´t find anything to boot anymore! In the bios it now just says "IntelBootLoader" as SATA device. I also can´t find it with my rescue disk or Win 7 disk.

I tried to reset CMOS and I unplugged and plugged it into an other SATA port. Nothing helped. So, I assume it is dead. Any advice?

Greetings, André

p.s.: Win 7 was runnning on the SSD (newest firmware of course...) for over a month now without any problems and now suddenly out of nothing...strange 😕

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello

Maybe reinstallment of Bios can help. I lost my bios once after installation of the Intel 80 GB G2 and after reinstallation i have not had a problem since.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Apologies for the problems you are having with your X-25M.

If the problem continues, please RMA the drive for replacment.

FYI: "Intel BootLoader" typically means that the firmware cannot be found.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yeah, I had to send it back. After a while a S.M.A.R.T. message while bios booting appeared which said: "Status BAD, backup and replace"

When trying to boot from the SSD it then said something like: "Disk read error, please restart"

I hope they can fix this, whatever it was. But with HDDs you usually don´t crush the disk with a blue screen. If it was because of that, of course