cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the 34nm 25X-M drives be the only ones that will be able to be flashed for TRIM support?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

After reading for a while I don't see this question being answered clearly. I have one of the black X25-M drives and with today's annocement of the silver ones (with a different controller) it mentions that they will support a TRIM update when Windows 7 comes out.

Was curious as I'd rather pay a restocking fee and shipping to send my curent x25 back to the seller and pick up a siler x25 when they are out.

52 REPLIES 52

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

be it 10% or 30%, the difference may not be significant, X25-M is able to sustain at 70MB/s even if the drive is fully used up right? Look at how many X25-M drives can you buy for every X25-E.....Unless you have limited storage bay.....

Why do you need such an heavy write?

foeve
New Contributor

Hi Tingshen,

no i do not need fast writing drives, but we all want the best and the fastest available and buy them, right?

Otherwise one could go for Trans... drives, slow but costing almost nothing.

This is just an example, no bashing of another product.

Anyway, let's face it, MLC drives will not live that long. But you got me thinking......

Jeff

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

huh? what do you mean by "will not live that long"? How long is long to you?

the future of server SSD will all based on MLC....with the performance & life expectancy of current SLC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well i think that the 80 gb will be able to write some 56 TB.

But i am sure someone of Intel here, can point us in the right direction.

Jeff

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Will Intel's Trim support more than just NTFS partitions? I read elsewhere competitors Trim implementations are windows only.