cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the 34nm 25X-M drives be the only ones that will be able to be flashed for TRIM support?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

After reading for a while I don't see this question being answered clearly. I have one of the black X25-M drives and with today's annocement of the silver ones (with a different controller) it mentions that they will support a TRIM update when Windows 7 comes out.

Was curious as I'd rather pay a restocking fee and shipping to send my curent x25 back to the seller and pick up a siler x25 when they are out.

52 REPLIES 52

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Meetoo,

i will quote you:

"Long live Western Digital"

YOU MUST BE JOKING?

Come on. First of all, i will never EVER buy WD, let's say Caviar or Black, whatever. Furthermore their SSD's are certainly not the fastest alive.

Please let's stay serious. I think those buying X25-E's, without TRIM, will have great drives.

So, if TRIM is important, then don't buy Intel's X25-E, but remember, even without TRIM, they will be very hard to beat.

Jeff

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

WD Black 640 GB.... $ 65

G1 and G2's 160 GB.... $ 450+agravations

Thanks but no thanks Intel, maybe next time (After comming back from my Bahamas $385 vacation).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

With intel's write amplification and pretty darn good wear-levelling algorithm... The (mlc) drive will last >15 years with normal usage (non-enterprise) without use of TRIM command.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

actually, if you were to RAID them up, X25-E can't really beat X25-M coz even the fastest Intel IOP348 can't serve X25-E well......X25-E is only good if you have 1 or 2 drives only......

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well it is only a week now until Windows 7 is upon us, are we going to get a TRIM firmware in time for release?

Please Intel give us on Gen1 X25-M's some TRIMing please!!!

John