cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD power loss report updates

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Intel is aware of the customer sightings on Intel SSD 320 Series. If you experience any issue with your Intel SSD, please contact your Intel representative or Intel customer support (via web: http://www.intel.com/ www.intel.com or phone: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contact/phone www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contact/phone) . We will provide an update when we have more information.

Alan

Intel's NVM Solutions Group

81 REPLIES 81

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

@ Goose

Since first time i post (/message/132029# 132029 http://communities.intel.com/message/132029# 132029), i suggest people to contribute share how can their SSD fail

saying my SSD fail after reboot wont help anything, because it to vague to find what making the issue

The hint Power-Cycle, Do you expect people doing that (power-cycling ssd for 2-3hours)? except they want to make their SSD fail ?

Then if we can't get any hint how to fix the issue ? its like you got sick, go the doctor but when the doctor ask you what you feel, you just saying i am sick, cure me

Indeed i don't have hard data, but nowdays is there anything that didn't spread out on internet ?

even slightest things spread so fast, like this news itself, so seeing there's not much talking about this issue except in here can be means the problem is not that widespread

Also if you read other SSD manufacture forum and compare them, i think you can get sort of comparrison, as other manufacture also saying that their issue really limited

now i return to ask you, if you think this affect much more people (AFR around 1% or higher), please show me the prove

so far so many "guest" saying their drive fail.... if i want to i can say i have 10 320series ssd that 8 fail because power-cycle... so what ?

i might saying something offense you guys, please apologize me for that

as 320-series user, i also worried getting this issue, thus i am here hoping we can discuss more technical, which hopefully can help intel to speed up giving us the fix/patch/solution

and for the last thing from what i saying, well i been seeing many issue/problem that sink in time and never got fixed

big company such as intel, they don't need to answer all issue, not issue that they don't think necessary to take care off

especially for issue that don't have major issue / some kind of prove as it can be just a defect product or user fault/abuse or other else

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I bought an Intel SSD 320 160 GB and it failed, showing 8 MB space, after 2 months. I back up once a week and lost 6 days of work worth $4000. Two totally unethical things Intel has done:

1) Declined to give me a refund for this flawed design, and gave me a replacement instead. I paid to ship back their flawed hardware.

2) Failed to tell me about the systematic problem, leaving me vulnerable to another loss.

I won't even install the piece of crap replacement, now that I know about this. I'd like is for Intel to give me my money back so I can buy a correctly designed hard drive from their competitor.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Please let me know as soon as a firmware update is available! Thank you.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

it like living with a time bomb knowing that the SSD will fail anytime soon.. i've clone my ssd just in case anything happen..

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Guest wrote:

it like living with a time bomb knowing that the SSD will fail anytime soon.. i've clone my ssd just in case anything happen..

You should be doing backups regardless if you're using an SSD or not. The fact you're assuming the SSD is impervious to failure (all/any kinds) is very bad; you should do backups regardless of what format medium you're using (SSD, MHDD, USB flash drives, optical, tape, whatever). Do backups. Period.

And technically you're living with a time bomb when it comes to computer hardware in general. It could fail at any moment. Your mouse could suddenly stop working due to a resistor failing inside of it. The world could end next year. Don't be so paranoid; take precautions! You have the power/choice/ability. 🙂