cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Optimizer Error in Windows 7 x64 Latest Firmware/Software

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I updated the firmware on my 160gig x25-m G2 drive to the latest. I then installed windows 7 x 64 from scratch on an intel DP55kg motherboard.

When I run the toolkit 1.2 and scan the drive everything is OK. When I go to the tools to optimize the drive it gives me "Intel SSD Optimizer Error" with no other explanation.

I have tried chaning the ACHI drivers from Intels to Windows but that did not fix the issue. I have also turned off the scheduled defrag (which you should always do for SSD drives) and I turned off windows restore. It still does not fix the issue.

16 REPLIES 16

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you. You solved my problem. I am using PGP to create an encrypted drive which resides as a file on the SSD. Once I removed PGP everything worked.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You're welcome! I'm glad that this helped.

It seems that the Toolbox has problems running with other mounted virtual drives...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am experiencing the same error as the OP. I'm running W7-64, my drive's firmware has been upgraded (ver 2CV102HD), it's configured as AHCI device on SATA Port 0 on an EVGA X58 motherboard.

My write performance has started to slip, so I installed the latest version of the Optimizer (twice). Unfortunately, I'm getting the same error.

I've removed all other hard drives and exited from any applications that I think might look like a mount point (Logmein, WHS Connector, Windows Live Sync).

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

*** UPDATE ***

After totally removing MS Office 2010 Beta (Click and Run version) the optimizer works!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

is that so. it's hard to believe the ms office application can come in conflict with optimizer. have u tried other ms office versions?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If you use the msahci.sys driver, you don't need to run the optimizer, assuming you are not doing RAID.