cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail Availability

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm a frustrated consumer. I'd like to purchase a new 160 meg G2 SSD. I was willing to pay a premium, knowing that it is in short supply. I can't seem to find any authoritative information on the availability of this drive.

I ordered from one vendor who assured me on the phone that they had the drive in stock. As those of you who buy on-line (I never have) might have predicted, they contacted me a week later to tell me that they couldn't fullfill the order.

Is there somewhere where I can get accurate information from Intel on the status of this product? Is it available anywhere? What is the roll-out status? When should we expect to see it available? What vendors will get deliveries first, etc.

Perhaps Intel is happy that the scarcity of this product is creating some demand. But it's also creating a bit of ill-will among those of us who are accustomed to making informed buying decisions.

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had EggHead email when they had some in stock. Two weeks ago I got an email and immediately ordered and received it as promised in a few days.