cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRST 11.6 is bugged!

MSmit17
New Contributor

Don't you test your software before release it?

The 11.6 interface can't be opened, debug errors shows. All this under windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. Tested on two different pc's.

67 REPLIES 67

JGira3
New Contributor II

I'd probably email your report to intel https://supportmail.intel.com/Welcome.aspx here under software products / chipset software / IRST. I did so with my own issue. Perhaps enough error reports can help them nail down the issue or at least make them aware of it.

J280
New Contributor

Thank you for your advice, I have now logged an error report as suggested.

Let's hope it helps.

MSmit17
New Contributor

and now 11.7 too! WTF? are they doing it on purpose?

J280
New Contributor

I have just tried v11.7.0.1013 on Windows 8 Pro - 64 Bit and I still have exactly the same problem as v11.6.0.1030 - no improvement whatsoever.

Same "Assertion Failed" debug error.

Same "Unknown Error" within the application.

Same "Intel RST service is not running" problem.

(Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just changed to IRST 11.7.0.1013, from 11.6.0.1030. On 11.6, if my ASRock Z77 board's ASMedia SATA controller was enabled, the IRST GUI would not run. Otherwise, I had no problems.

Now with 11.7, enabling the ASMedia SATA controller does NOT cause an issue with the IRST GUI running. It starts and runs normally. That is a change for the better for me. I must say I have no drives connected to the ASMedia controller now. That will be the ultimate test, which I will do tomorrow.

Jim, do you know which IRST Option ROM your board has? Mine has 11.2.0.1057. You can find that by... well, running the IRST GUI, clicking Help, and running the System Report, which you cannot do.

My board has had a UEFI/BIOS update since I used IRST 11.6, but there was no mention of anything related to IRST or SATA in the release notes.