cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRST 11.6 is bugged!

MSmit17
New Contributor

Don't you test your software before release it?

The 11.6 interface can't be opened, debug errors shows. All this under windows 7 ultimate 32 bits. Tested on two different pc's.

67 REPLIES 67

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I hoped that changing to the msahci driver on the ASMedia chipset might help with this issue, but it didn't.

FYI, IRST 11.6.0.1030 is ONLY compatible with these operating systems:

Windows 7

Windows 7 x64-bit Edition

Windows 8

Windows 8 x64-bit Edition

Windows Server 2008

Windows Server 2008 x64-bit Edition

Windows Media Center Edition

You also must have one of the specified versions of Microsoft's .NET Framework installed, or the GUI software will not install. You may also need to run a newer version of the Chipset Software (inf) file installer.

RGray2
New Contributor

Well I created an account just to add some information about 11.6. Maybe it will help to track down your issues? A few weeks ago I updated my bios and flashed OROM 11.6.0.1702 and installed IRST version 11.6.0.1030. I also have a Marvel SATA III controller chip enabled along side the Intel controller and 11.6 is the most rock solid Intel combination to date for me. I now have six SSD's in raid 0, three Vertex Turbo's and three Crucial C300's all on the ICH10R controller=ROCK SOLID & SUPER FAST. I also have the Marvel controller in AHCI mode. All is working flawless for me using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed on the three C300's. The IRST GUI has been running perfectly so far. I see no bugs what so ever with 11.6. Maybe my hardware config is the reason??? I used the 11.6.0.1030 (f6flpy-x64) drivers on the flash drive to install Windows "fresh & clean" from USB as I always do. Below is my hardware which differs from yours.

Asus Rampage III Extreme

Intel x58 Chipset

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Not sure if this helps lock down what hardware is affected or not, but I have zero bugs of any kind. This might suggest that its only affecting systems with your chipset? If you need more info let me know.

SkOrPn

J280
New Contributor

I have a similar problem with Windows 8 Pro - 64 Bit.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z77-D3H

I have tried version 11.6.0.1030 and an earlier version 11.5.4.1001, but neither of them will run properly.

I have an "Assertion Failed" debug error, followed by an "Unknown Error" within the application.

The IRST taskbar icon (by the clock) states, "Intel RST service is not running"

I have re-installed Windows 8, but still have the same problem.

Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jim

JGira3
New Contributor II

I'm getting pretty much the same error with 11.6. Using an Asus Z77 ( P8Z77-V DELUXE w/ 3770k) with Windows 7 64 Pro. I also had the same trouble with 11.5. When I system restored back to 11.2.0.1006 all was good again. Drive setup as follows:

Two Intel 520 240gb SSD drives in Raid 0 on Intel Sata III. Boot "drive".

1 3tb Hitachi HDD

1 3tb Seagate HDD

Pioneer sata blu ray player

Optiarc dvd burner

All of these on the Intel Sata II ports.

Marvel and Asmedia (E-SATA) controllers are unused. Disabling or enabling them has no effect on the issue.

J280
New Contributor

If I remember correctly, I don't think v11.2.0.1006 is compatible with Windows 8 and caused my system to crash when Windows was loading.

I had to run a system restore to get it to boot properly again.

Most of the earlier versions worked perfectly when I was running Windows 7 64 Bit.

My board is a Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H, so I therefore wrote to Gigabyte for help and all I was told was, "it works fine" - not very helpful when it is clear that it doesn't work for me and lots of other people too.

Does anyone know if Intel is aware of this problem?