cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel RST 9.5.7.1002 released @ Lenovo!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just found the Intel RST v9.5.7.1002 drivers on Lenovo's support site for the new T410, T510 and W510 laptops

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-74430 http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-74430

Hoping these have TRIM support.

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Installed 9.5.7.1002 from stationdrivers, and the stuttering during video playback issue has returned. 9.5.4 was fine, 9.5.6 and 9.5.7 stutter: running the DPC Latency Checker (dpclat) shows very high latency spikes every few seconds. Might be occurring more after sleep/wake cycles.

Obligatory irrelevant system info: Core i7 965 Extreme at 4 GHz, 12 GB Corsair RAM, Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P with BIOS F10M, Windows 7 Home Premium. RAID setup: two Corsair 64GB SSD's in a stripe, and four 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 drives in a RAID-10....

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Interesting event which I haven't attributed directly to the drivers, but I suspect the 9.5.7.1002s were the cause.

a day or two ago I was just using a week old Vista SP2 installation which i just upgraded from standard microsoft ahci driver to the RST 9.5.7.1002. The system had minimal software installed (e.g. firefox, thunderbird, adobe, office) and i heard what sounded like the DVD drive intialising like it does when you turn on the computer (like it accesses the disk or something but there's no disk inside). Strange, but didn't think anything of it.

Later on in the evening (system had been turned off during this time), i booted back and was at the desktop when probably 5 or so minutes later, i heard this same noise again and then noticed the system slipped into an absolute crawl about 20 seconds later. It was like CPU was at 100% but it wasn't. Eventually, I had to hard reset because the system was quite unstable and not responding.

Figuring I might wait until RSTs become official, I've gone to the official IMSM driver 8.9.0.1023 for now, which gets decent performance, but so far, I haven't heard DVD drive initialise or had the system slow to a crawl.

(X25-V P45/ICH10R chipset, Vista SP2, AHCI mode, Pioneer DVR-215).

Daniel_T_Intel
New Contributor

That Intel RST 9.6.0 does support TRIM in passthough mode. It is not supported on a RAID volume.