cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intel 320 40GB SSD POST help

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'll try to explain this the best I can because it might sound a little confusing.

I recently installed a 40GB 320 SSD. Everything seems fine until I boot up my PC. My PC turns on flashes the MOBO setup screen and right after it shows the ctrl-I RAID config prompt, then it flashes back to MOBO setup screen, then it boots into windows just fine. Is this normal? The installation instructions don't mention anything about it so I don't know if I missed a step somewhere but if someone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Johnny_Y_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

If you use SRT SSD cache), then you have to enable RAID, and you will see CTRL+I menu during boot; if you just install OS on SSD and use HDD as storage, then no need to enable RAID.

But if your OS is Windows XP or earlier, then you may need to re-install OS since Windows XP does not include RAID/AHCI driver, that's why you see BSOD; If your OS is Windows 7, but your motherboard is 7 series, you may still need to re-install OS since no 7 series RAID/AHCI driver included in Windows 7...

vandalmags wrote:

So I changed SATA mode from RAID to AHCI and upon saving and exiting I got BSOD. Thankfully, all I had to do was revert back to RAID and my system was up and running again.

if you're running windows vista/7, boot into windows and open the registry editor. navigate to hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\msahci and set the value of 'start' to 0. restart and change to ahci in the bios. windows should boot.

if you're running xp, it is also possible to change to ahci mode without reinstallation, but it's more complicated.