cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Intel SSD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I recently had to format my X-25M 160GB 34nm drive in Windows 7. I think I may have deleted one of the partitions which I think was called 'System Reserved.' If I go to the Windows Disk Management control panel it shows 148.95GB for the Intel SSD which I am running as my C drive. There is another partition showing as 101MB Unallocated. I wonder whether this should be formatted or renamed back to System Reserved or is it safe to leave it as unallocated?

16 REPLIES 16

the sys reserve is NTFS

RGiff
Contributor

See post by james walker on Paragon alignment tool. Maybe running the tool will help.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for taking the time to reply Robert. You have been the only person to give some help.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I researched Windows 7 and found that the 100MB partition is installed when you first install the OS: The 100MB partition is a system partition and contains boot files. Disk Manager will not allow you to remove this partition because removing this partition could cause the system to not boot. You can however remove the old 100MB partition when doing a fresh install at the setup stage. A lesson learned that you should leave this partition alone when doing a fresh install of Windows.

Did you try the Paragon alignmert tool, you should , and read the white paped , Just make sure you download the right file ( 32 bit ) or ( 64 bit ) I ran this software yesterday and I thought my drive was aligned right , but windows did not align it right. Makes big difference. And the software is free only for one more week. So try it.