cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Intel have a sort of price protection plan?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm actually not sure if this is the case, but with the annocement of the *new* x25-m drives today coming in at a lower cost and will have the ability to be flashed to support TRIM, it sort of leaves the one that I purchased less than a week ago, well... Sad.

Does Intel have some sort of trade-up program or some other method that would allow me to not have to pay full price to get a device that will be futureproofed?

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I think there's none.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

why do you need one? the G1 SSD has that price for a reason......

G2? Til it's fully stabilized......

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I doubt Intel would (they never did this sort of thing for their motherboards, NIC's, CPU's, etc.), but try asking the retailer where you bought the SSD. Price matching and protection is typically a front-end sales thing, so it would be handled by whoever sold you the drive, not by whoever manufactured the drive.

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks for the question. Due to many reasons, including multiple distribution methods, Intel does not offer any price protection. Price protection would need to be worked at the point of sale. Same if you were to buy a large appliance, for example. You would look for the price protection from the store that you bought it from, not the manufacturer.

Hope that helps.

Alan

Intel Marketing