cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus P6T Deluxe V2, Windows 7 Ultra x64, with X25-M 80 gb SSD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm having problems with a new system build, and have read the pdf's here and searched, but am not sure if the Asus P6T supports TRIM with the SSD, and if that may be an issue with my attempts to install Windows 7 ultra, which partially completes but hangs with a blank screen. The BIOS and windows recognize the SSD, and if I boot from the Win 7 DVD and use recovery tools, I can see all 80gb are recognized, and some windows folders and files have been loaded. The P6T has the intel X58 chipset (and ICHIOR)?

My questions -

does the P6T support TRIM?

should I pre partition the drive with Win 7 DVD cmd prompt diskpart?

I should mention that these questions come from some assistance I am getting at Anandtech - here

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2132033 http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2132033

thanks - gredhead

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did this - booted from DVD, repair, use recovery tools, command prompt, format 😧 &4.4 gb total available (C is 100 mb express gate SSD on mobo)

restart, boot DVD, win is loading, (1:00 later) starting win, (another :25 later) blue/clouds screen, some disk access, (3:20 later) English/USA screen, install now, setup is starting, (4:45 later) license, agree, new install, [not disk 0 part 1, sys reserved 100 mb system] [yes disk 0 part 2 (p6t - label I gave on formating) 74.4 gb primary] - enter

(1:35 later) installing windows screen - goes through copying win files, expanding win files, installing features, installing update, completing installation

windows restarting

starting windows

setup is updating registry settings

(0:30 later) - completing installation

(0:55 later) - reboot, black screen (but signal to monitor, not "no signal")

some disk access off and on

(20:00 min later) no disk access, still black screen

enter, ctl-alt-del do nothing, no disk access

any ideas? - thanks - gredhead

PS - pretty sure no overheating, big case, lots of fans, and bios hw monitor shows resonable proc temp.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for all your help. SSD is fine. Put geforce 8400 in and did fresh install of win7 to completion. Shut down and put gtx 260 back in, booted, and win7 said it installed the drivers for gtx 260, needed to restart. Restarted, and had black screen again. Have new thread over at anandtrech to see if I can get help determining if its a problem with the drivers (need to install latest gtx260 drivers, vs what win7 puts in), my lack of understanding what you can and can't do with dual DVI connectors on video cards, or a bad gtx 260.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Good to hear that your SSD is working fine.

Any recent driver should work and the DVI ports just output video. Your issue is most likely due to a faulty GTX260. The best way to test is throw the card into another system.