cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else had a repeat 8mb brick on 320 ssd AFTER firmware update.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Had my 320 ssd for a month, all going well till a usb device BSOD my win7, rebooted to find my disk at 8mb. Waited for firmware update last wednesday as lots of forum discussion. Did Secure erase and firmware update to v1.9 and restored partition on friday. Today usb BSOD again (visual studio blow up, im a software developer) and rebooted to find the drive again 8mb. Anyone else had this problem, looks to me like the firmware update did not fix this type of issue.

Greg.

86 REPLIES 86

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately, to cancel the order at this point would result in me losing out on the $814 discount I received with the 33% coupon code...me thinks it's worth the risk to take possession at this point and change the drive configuration either with an HDD or SSD/HDD combination. Or, if the original SSD should go "belly up" in the first 21 days, I can always return it via the RMA process. Looks like they have an new bios update - F.07 (4-6-2012), "provides an update to prevent an intermittent issue where the system does not start (boot) properly". Sounds like a pretty important bios fix to me, so I hope that the latest bios version is installed in my unit (scheduled to ship 4-12-2012).

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same here. A brand new Lenovo T420s equipped with SSDSA2BW160G3L suddenly failed, and are now diplaying one empty partition of 8MB!! I'm a reseller, and have sold quite a bit of these. I will now stop selling them until Lenovo changes SSD supplier or the problem is confirmed fixed by Intel. Will be interesting to see what type of drive Lenovo ships as RMA.

Regards,

Geir

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same. After install latest firmware (362), got freezed computer and lost all my data.

After complete formating I got same error after 10 days of using.

Any chance to install old firmware? With old firmware all is OK.

Any chance to get new fixed firmware?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just got my Envy 17 on Tuesday of last week, it came with firmware version "365" (I am assuming the latest available for a recent build). Interesting that when I downloaded and installed the latest Intel SSD Toolbox (3.0.3), it detected that superfetch was enabled from the factory? Hmm...so Intel Toolbox recommended that this be disabled, which I promptly let it do automatically. However, haven't had any problems with the Intel 320 thus far. Windows Experience Index gives the Intel 320 a 7.6 on my Envy 17.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My 160GB 320 SSD drive just got hit by this bug and I had already applied the latest firmware ~7 months ago that was supposed to prevent this from happening. The drive now appears as BAD_CTX 130 and has 8mb capacity. FIX THIS !!!!