cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the Intel 750 Slow to boot?

RLaBa1
New Contributor II

Howdy Everyone. Just picked up the Intel 750 1.2TB SSD card. Installed it on my X99 Asus Rampage V board and installed Windows 7 X64 without a problem. However, I am seeing a boot performance issue. This drive is taking about 25 seconds to boot, approximately 13 seconds longer than my Samsung 850 EVO. Did a little Googling on this and apparently, I am not the only one. I have read several reviews and the ones that measure boot time / performance will say this is the slowest SSD to boot. I have provided the link below as an example.

http://techreport.com/review/28050/intel-750-series-solid-state-drive-reviewed/5 Intel's 750 Series solid-state drive reviewed - The Tech Report - Page 5

Intel - Is this going to be fixed in a future firmware release? I wont be able to justify keeping this card if first generation SSD's still outperform in terms of booting.

Thanks,

Randman76

X99 Rampage V

I-7 5960X OC to 4.4 ghz

Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB)

980 GTX-SLI

1200W PSU

162 REPLIES 162

RPras2
New Contributor

Hello jonathan

i am unable to use the command isdct command on Ubuntu 14.04 system.i had downloaded data center tool from intel website and installed "isdct-2.3.0.400-13.x86_64.rpm" still it is giving error

testusr@testpc-2:~$ sudo isdct show –intelssd

[sudo] password for testusr:

Syntax Error: Invalid command. Error at or around '–intelssd'.

Did you mean:

show [-help|-h] [-display|-d (Property1,...)] [-all|-a] [-output|-o (text|nvmxml|json)] -system

show [-help|-h] [-display|-d (Property1,...)] [-all|-a] [-output|-o (text|nvmxml|json)] -sensor [-intelssd [(device index)]] [id = (token ID)]

show [-help|-h] [-display|-d (Property1,...)] [-all|-a] [-output|-o (text|nvmxml|json)] -intelssd [(device index)].

what could be the possible reason for failure of commands.

Thanks

Rajnikant

I have no deals with Ubuntu for some years, but how you installed a rpm package? With help of Alien tool? Generally, for Ubuntu you need a .deb format package.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello rajnikant,

Looking at the text capture, It seems you may have entered the command using the Em dash "–", and the isdct commands require En dash "-".

This may be the reason for the message: Syntax Error: Invalid command. Error at or around '–intelssd'.

For more information about ISCDT, you can review the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/23931/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Data-Center-Tool?httpD... Intel® SSD Data Center Tool 2.3.x User Guide.

RPras2
New Contributor

Hi JFFulcrum

yes i used alien tool to converted rpm format to .deb format and then installed successfully.Now it is working but i am not able to utilize all the command mentioned in the documents section but i am trying and few of them works and few of them said syntax error.

Thanks

Rajnikant

RPras2
New Contributor

Thanks Jonathan for quick reply,it was such a small thing i could not figured it out myself.Thanks again.