cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel M.2 660 Cant Boot Windows11

MCarter
New Contributor

I set my windows 10 computer to boot from an Intel m.2  660P SSD.   Now that I am trying to install Windows 11 it requires the BIOS be changed from CSM to UEFI mode.   When I change the Bios to UEFI mode the system will not boot.   It says I have to install a Microsoft Signed UEFI on the device I am booting from.

How do I get this to work ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

Please follow: How to convert MBR to GPT drive to switch BIOS to UEFI on Windows 10

You should be aware that not only UEFI mode is requirement to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11. 

You need to have supported CPU: Windows 11 supported Intel processors, Secure Boot should be enabled and more:  Find Windows 11 specs, features, and computer requirements

You may download Microsoft tool to check your PC compatibility for upgrade.

Leon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

Please follow: How to convert MBR to GPT drive to switch BIOS to UEFI on Windows 10

You should be aware that not only UEFI mode is requirement to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11. 

You need to have supported CPU: Windows 11 supported Intel processors, Secure Boot should be enabled and more:  Find Windows 11 specs, features, and computer requirements

You may download Microsoft tool to check your PC compatibility for upgrade.

Leon