Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade my firmware for Intel 600P Series 128GB M.2 SSD

DEngl6
New Contributor

Unable to upgrade my firmware for Intel 600P Series 128GB M.2 SSD

Run inside NUC6i3SYK Bios SYSKLi35.86A.0057.2017.0119.1758

Update using SSD Firmware Update Tool is missing Kernel module i915 and X11 will not start.

8 REPLIES 8

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Dave.English,

We have received similar reports in other OEM platforms. We understand your issue, but were hoping you were able to run the tool on another computer so that it may be used to update the firmware on your drives.Since this is not possible, we'll need to reach out to our additional resources in order to find alternate troubleshooting steps, please keep monitoring this thread.Best regards,Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Dave.English,

We're still researching this issue with our additional resources.

In the meantime, you may find the workaround shared by user @mikemurphycs on a similar thread to be helpful: /message/459794# 459794 https://communities.intel.com/message/459794# 459794

Please proceed with caution and make sure to back up any important data before attempting this troubleshooting. Keep in mind that this is not an official fix and has not been tested by us.

If you're unable to use these steps, or it doesn't work for you, please let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Dave.English,

We would like to check if you were able to follow the instructions on the previous post?Also, we'd like to let you know that we'll be releasing a new update for the FUT.Regards,Nestor C

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Dave.English,

We're glad to inform you that a new Firmware Update Tool has been released. This new version should resolve your issues booting to the tool.Please try this download and let us know if your issue has been resolved.- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26491/Intel-SSD-Firmware-Update-Tool Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool Version 2.2.0Best regards,Carlos A.