cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Intel 535 not for games

BBobb3
New Contributor

As the title states, I very much wasted my time after buying this as a budget SSD to speed up my game load times.

The load times did speed up, but the drive has awful stuttering almost every time new assets load up.

Playing online games from this drive proved extremely frustrating and I would not recommend it to anyone, unless it's strictly for office work.

Before someone criticizes me, the drive has the latest firmware, is brand new and according to the intel software at 100% health. Tested with multiple sata cables and on different ports, on a Z170 motherboard.

Tested the same games on different storage units, be it older SSD or HDD and found no such problems.

The SandForce controller seems to be just terrible and it wasted my time troubleshooting this awful SSD, and then going back to return it.

Do not buy this disk for games, in fact, do not buy it at all, as the controller could manifest problems with other desktop apps.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

KaeIT,

We would like to ask you a few questions about the situation you had with the Intel® SSD 535.-What is your full setup? (Motherboard details, Graphics, OS, etc...)-What is the firmware version you have loaded in the SSD?-Do you have the latest BIOS installed in the motherboard?-Did you try to disable all power related technologies from the BIOS to test? (The drive comes with a devsleep technology)We will be waiting for your response.NC

BBobb3
New Contributor

Setup: Asrock Z170 Extreme6/i5-6600 3.3GHz/2x8GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 2666/GPU Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB OC Windforce/PSU Corsair RM650x/OS Windows 8.1 64 bit + tested on Windows 7 64 bit

SSD Firmware: RG21

MB BIOS: Updated to latest version 1 week ago

I have not tweaked the power saving options in the BIOS and that is not a solution, because I prefer to use them.

I don't know how this devsleep tech works, but I kind of doubt it's related to my problem. A much more likely culprit in my opinion is the controller and the way it works. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SSD does compress data in real time, no? After all the stuttering is related to loading assets, clicking on stuff, game UI etc. The games I've tested with are World of Warcraft, StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3. Of those only Diablo 3 works, WoW and SC2 are playable, but constantly stuttering, especially WoW.

I copied the games also to an old V200 Kingston SSD and a new 1TB WD Blue mechanical disk connected to the same system and both of those have no issues whatsoever.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

KaeIT,

Thanks for the information provided, for now let us work on this and we will get back to you with more details about this situation you are experiencing.We will keep you posted.NC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

KaeIT,

This is to inform you that we are still checking on this situation and will contact you as soon as possible. Let us know if you have any question while we are checking this for you.