cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid 0 over PCIE SSD

JThie5
New Contributor

I was curious to know if it is possible to stripe multiple Intel SSD DC P4500/4600 drives (HHHL not the 2.5" drives) into a RAID 0. I am fairly confident I can use Microsoft Raid (server 2008 or better) to stripe them but I would like to avoid that. Is there a tool in the Intel config bundle to stripe the drop in SSD cards?

Why would I want to do that? It's a dumb story but I am thinking this strategy would mitigate downtime on our large application until we build a better solution.

Thanks in advance your thoughts!

-john

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi John9000,

Thanks for contacting our support community. We understand your concern regarding the Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series and the Intel® SSD DC P4600 Series on a RAID. We would like to inform you that there is no limitation form the SSD's side in order to set up the RAID. You just need to check with your motherboard manufacturer or get a RAID card that supports RAIDs with NVMe* SSDs. Regards, Junior M.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi John9000,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.Regards, Junior M.