cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD Pro 1500, 240GB can not be formatted

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, I have an SSD Pro 1500 with 240GB, the disk is recognized by the computer, but the existing partition is not formatted, it can not be formatted or deleted. Can you help me?

Best regards Mario

9 REPLIES 9

atrea
New Contributor II

Hi Mario_Eggert,

If you can't secure erase the 240GB Intel SSD Pro 1500 in Windows. You'd better to try the third party disk format tool, like AOMEI Partition Assistant, EaseUS Partition Master, MiniTool Partition Wizard, etc. You can http://www.disk-partition.com/articles/format-ssd-6289.html format Intel SSD drive with a few clicks.

Best Regards,

Ailsa Treasure

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Ailsa,

Thanks for the feedback.

@Mario_Eggert, you can try those tools as well or contact us

Regards,

Nestor C

RFroh1
New Contributor

I think I have the same problem. You can read my progress at this link. Was there a solution to this issue from support?

Thanks,

Rob

One of the things that often works is a complete disk wipe using either the shred (sudo shred -vn 1 /dev/sdX) or dd (sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdX) commands in Linux. The OP mentioned GParted, so he was at least somewhat familiar with Linux. DBAN is a free disk wipe recommended by Intel for recalcitrant SSDs and uses either shred or dd to do its work (it easily fits on a CD-R). Just note that shred, dd, or DBAN will be like writing the capacity of the drive, in other words, it's a last resort. And by the way, Linux can be used via LiveUSB or LiveCD to do the above. All that said, it's my experience that SSDs or USB flash drives reporting an input-output error are usually toast.

Laptop_Gaming_C
New Contributor

Can you take a picture as a format? So people will easily help you!