cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 600p incompatibility with Windows 10 version 1803.

KChou9
New Contributor II

I have ACER VX 15 shipped with 256GB Intel SSD 600p series. After updating my system to Windows 10 version 1803 it is constantly crashing. Microsoft has confirmed that few Intel SSDs are not compatible with the update and Intel has confirmed that its Intel SSD 600p and pro-6000 models are having this issue. I just want to know the status regarding this issue from Intel. When the patch will be available for Intel 600p SSD ?

Sources:

1. http://www.legitreviews.com/windows-10-april-update-blocked-on-small-number-of-intel-ssds-due-to-iss... Windows 10 April Update Blocked On Small Number of Intel SSDs Due To Issues - Legit Reviews
  2. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-10-update-intel-ssd,37020.html Windows 10's April Update Crashes Systems With Intel SSDs (Updated)
52 REPLIES 52

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Andres V.

Could you maybe check my last post in that thread and answer my 2 fairly simple questions please, because the stated workaround/solution doesn't work at all in my case. Not any of the mentioned updates is offered through Windows update. I posted today under the same name Master_Burn:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/devices-with-certain-in... Devices with Intel SSD 600p Series or Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series may - Microsoft Community

Thanks in advance!

Greetz, Master

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Master_Burn,

I checked the link provided and transferred your inquiry to the corresponding team. As soon as I get a reply from them I'll post a response on this thread. Thank you for your patience. Regards,Andres V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Master_Burn,

We appreciate all your reports regarding this issue.

As per our engineering team, the 1803 build of the Windows 10 OS is now available to users with the Intel SSD 600p and Intel SSD Pro 6000p Series drives through Windows Update. This is available if you actively search Windows Update (by pressing the "Check for Updates" button), or automatically if the OS is checking on your behalf on schedule.

If the build does not show that it is available when you press the "Check for Updates" button, we would recommend placing a support ticket with Microsoft to determine what the cause may be.

Regards,

Andres V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Andres V.

In the afternoon of 29th of June my Windows update came up with the 1803 upgrade package automatically. The installation went pretty fast, I guess it was done in about half an hour all together. I didn't use my laptop very much since the 29th, but it seems everything works as it should. So as far as I can see the problem is fixed now (fingers crossed). I am on version 1803 build 17134.137 and my Windows update states I am fully up to date.

So my first guess was right after all, just wait! I did nothing more after the first corrupted upgrade failed to install. I didn't pause Windows updates or alter any standard setting after the first upgrade failed. Installation was cancelled at 49% automatically, afterwards the ugrade was paused and lateron even removed from Windows updates, all automatically.

I did not follow one well-meant advice which was given to me on the Microsoft forum. Such major faults are most of the time resolved aftwerwards by Microsoft and/or hardware manufacturers, because of the many systems concerned. However it was pretty careless to release the faulty upgrade which in my case luckily was blocked automatically so I didn't have to 'roll back' to version 1709.

Greetz, Master

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Master_Burn,

I am glad to hear that you were able to install the corresponding update. Thank you for sharing your experience, we really appreciate it. Regards,Andres V.