cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 600P 256GB Out of Spare and in Read Only mode

ITHandy
New Contributor

Hi there,

Long story short - My Acer laptop failure is due to the Intel M.2 600P locked into read only mode.  Running intelmas confirms that the actual written data to this SSD is only 4.2GB, only 0.01% of spec'd TBW rating (72TB). Smart log further reveals that this M.2 is running out of spare block.

Tried the delete command with intelmas but was still unable to clear the error. 

Please advise how to fix this.

Attached is the intelmas log.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello.

This community thread will be closed as this has been handled via e-mail.

The unit is a non-OEM version and replacing it was required.

Please open a new thread if you require any type of assistance from Intel as this thread will no longer be monitored for support, or contact us via any of the other support methods (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html).

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, ITHandy.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community Support forum.

We received your ticket regarding your Intel® SSD 600p Series in read-only mode, I will be glad to assist you.

Please allow me to review the log provided and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, ITHandy.

Thank you for waiting.

At this point, the only option would be to attempt a firmware update, this can be done via the following command: intelmas load -intelssd X, just replace the X with the SSD index.

Check if this makes a difference and let me know, but if that is not the case, please let me know the following:

1. Did you purchase the SSD separately or did it came with the laptop?

2. How long ago did you purchase the SSD/laptop?

3. Can you provide us with a picture of the SSD label showing its markings?

I will follow up on March 17th or we can schedule a different date if additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the quick follow-up and the advice. 

I couldn't find the firmware image as a standalone file.  I can only find the bootable ISO at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29722/Intel-SSD-Firmware-Update-Tool. If you have a single firmware file, please share.

Here are the answers to the questions,

1. This SSD came with Acer Swift 3 laptop

2.  It was purchased on October 2017

3. attached

Cheers

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, ITHandy.

Thank you for the information.

There is no need for you to download a separate "firmware file", the tool should be able to perform the necessary firmware update by using the "load" command.

Please let me know if the update is completed successfully and you notice any changes.

I will follow up on March 18th in case you need additional time to attempt this or we can schedule a different date if necessary.

Best regards,

Bruce C.