cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 540s Е8 Available Reserved Space

alexander777
New Contributor

Hello!

My windows 7 x64 bit gave an error about my disk. Diagnostics s.m.a.r.t status bad with error Е8 Available Reserved Space with values 0 9 10. I used the ssd optimizer in Intel SSD Toolbox but the error remained. I add the logs of my ssd disk.

I will be grateful for the help.

13 REPLIES 13

Hello, 

I tried to update the firmware again. UEFI Usb flash prioritized boot first.

Disabled secure boot.

When I try to update the firmware, I get the error again (The firmware update process cannot be completed in Windows or Linux for this firmware. Please use the Intel SSD Firmware Update Tool)

I have not formatted my ssd, could this be the problem?

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Alexander777.

Good day,

Formatting the unit should not be necessary to perform the firmware update.

Right now there are a couple of options I can think of: would you mind trying to perform the update using the previous version or Intel FUT or mounting the ISO using a different tool other than RUFUS?

- Previous Intel FUT release: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29722/Intel-SSD-Firmware-Update-Tool

Please let me know if the issue persists and we can explore the option to replace the unit just to rule out the possibility of an actual drive issue.

I will follow up on April 27th or you can let me know if you would like additional time.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Alexander777.

I wanted to follow up on your thread just to check if you had any questions regarding my previous post involving a couple of options to try the firmware update and also a possible replacement.

The thread will remain open and I will follow up again on April 30th, or we can schedule the follow-up on a later date if required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Alexander777.

This post is to follow up on your thread regarding the SSD showing an error related to the Available Reserved Space.

I previously mentioned that this could be related to an issue observed in the early firmware release of the unit, involving some SMART parameters not being reported correctly, and that could be fixed by a firmware update.

I understand we encountered some issues to perform said firmware update, so I mentioned the option to replace the unit via warranty, but unfortunately, there was no confirmation after I tried to follow up.

The thread will be closed right now, but if our assistance is still required, please open a new thread or contact us via any other support methods (phone, chat, or web ticket) using the following link:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

- Remember to select your current location at the top of the screen.

Best regards,

Bruce C.